Systems Integrator (Expert)
Expert Systems Integrators support the Government by leading and overseeing the integrity of the NSG/ASG systems-of-systems enterprise. They lead and oversee planning, implementation approaches, testing, documenting, and maintaining solutions for total cloud services, systems or subsystems using defined processes and tools. They provide end-to-end system development life cycle support to the program.
Location: NCE (Springfield, VA)
- Assists with leading and performing systems integration activities across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assists with leading and overseeing a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of cloud services, infrastructure and security domains.
- Assists with overseeing the preparation of engineering plans and site installation technical design packages.
- Oversees the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Integrators.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 18+ yrs experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert level experience as a Systems Integrator.
- Expert system integration working experience in government integrating large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Expert working experience on oversight and guidance on hardware, software, and network functions with appropriate performance and security criteria.
- Expert ability to understand all the different components of developing or deployed solutions, and the ability to develop plans for older technology to be coupled and/or replaced with newer technology.
- Expert experience in the analysis of application and network logs, and writing middleware code to make components work together, and to develop unit testing of the middleware and complete end-to-end testing of the applications.
- Expert work experience to solve immediate application issues, and clearly identify shortfalls and plans to implement long-term design modifications, and proven work experience to creatively learn new technology.
- Expert experience in developing technical documents to propose alternative solutions, document the implemented design, and define test cases.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Expert working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), or IC Program Architecture Guidance (PAG).
- Expert understanding of automation efforts related to Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) to include computer vision algorithm development, geospatial modeling, and/or observation management/database management.
- Expert work experience transitioning systems from applied research into operations systems or pilot activities to support enterprise modernization.
- Expert understanding of the differences and challenges of machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence in relation to supporting resilient GEOINT solutions.