System / Database Administrator
TS/SCI Position w/ CI Poly
CTS is seeking a System administrator / Database Administrator to work in support of an Intelligence Community program. The admin will join a small team supporting web database development, testing, and modernization with heavy scripting and a back-end focus.
We are seeking a System Administrator/Database Administrator for maintaining the established servers and databases, performing maintenance, and configuration management as needed. The sponsor maintains servers and databases that aggregate financial data from multiple sources. The servers and databases compile transactional data into reports, which is sent to multiple stakeholders at a leadership level.
Location: Reston, VA
- Install, configure, upgrade and migrate (Oracle/SQLServer/MySQL/).
- Oracle Enterprise database version 11g, 12c, 19c or above.
- Administer and troubleshoot databases including security patching, SQL tuning, capacity planning, and schema design.
- Perform daily monitoring of database environment and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor primary and standby databases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2 years experience with Linux Red hat (CentOS6 and CentOS7)
- Must have experience with database RMAN backups and restores.>
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Mid-level experience as a Tableau Developer.
- Junior to intermediate level DBA experience.
- Some experience with Unix shell scripting.