Software Tester (Mid-Level)
CTS is seeking a Software Tester to work in support of an Intelligence Community program. Qualified candidates will have direct experience in developing and executing test plans, procedures, and scenarios and a solid understanding of the concepts of web-based software applications.The Tester will work closely with the requirements analysts and software engineers in delivering improvements to IT processes. This position works in a cross-functional team environment with government and contractor personnel.
Location: Reston, VA
- Create/edit test plans, test cases, scripts, and patches and ensure traceability to requirements
- Execute test plans, procedures, and scenarios and conduct unit, process, function, system integration, and user acceptance testing
- Detect, log and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Document and disseminate test results of all executed test procedures and processes.
- Analyze user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility in consultation with requirements analysts and software engineers.
- Support product design, code reviews, walk-throughs and product lifecycle inspections.
- Respond to inquiries from customer support and requirements analysts regarding functions and operation of software applications.
- Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate all activities to accomplish successful Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) and Production Readiness Reviews (PRR).
- Update testing and configuration management documentation as required to ensure compliance with audit requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- ~8 Years of related experience supporting automated testing for test procedure development, maintenance, and execution
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Mid-level experience as a Tableau Developer.
- Ability to interpret requirements and translate them into precise test cases.
- Proficiency creating automated test scripts; Experience with HP Unified Functional Testing Software (UFT) or other automated testing software is highly desired.