Software Engineer (Senior)
Senior-level Software Engineer assist in leading the design and development of software solutions for complex applications problems, API design, data services, platform services, cloud services and infrastructure services to meet user requirements and align to strategic goals and the Enterprise Architecture. The Senior-Level Software Engineer understands/performs software development and assists with making high-level design choices and helps identify technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Develop and manage the source code to support of baseline service deployments. Support the integration of code baselines into the production instance. Add functionality to allow edits of published entities outside the baseline cycle to correct mistakes.
Location: Chantilly, VA / Patriot Ridge (Springfield,VA)
- Guides Mid-Level and Junior-Level software engineers in the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of software requirements ensuring traceability to solution architecture and requirements.
- Assists with the analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing software systems.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level software engineers in the development of proposed changes to the software solutions architecture design based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist with high-level software design choices and technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Creates prototypes to evaluate new technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ to 18 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Senior-level working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Experience in more than one of the following areas: cloud computing, service orientation, containerization, micro-services, API development or DevSecOps.
- Experience building and delivering working products to customers in a modern, cloud-based software environment.
- Client Servers and managing MySQL database operations in a web environment.
- Experience with One or more:
- HTML 5
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.