Software Architect (Senior)
Senior-level Software Architects assist in leading the design and development of software solutions for complex applications problems, API design, data services, platform services, cloud services and infrastructure services to meet user requirements and align to strategic goals and the Enterprise Architecture. The Senior-Level Software Architect understands/performs software development and assists with making high-level design choices and helps identify technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
Location: Chantilly, VA / Patriot Ridge (Springfield, VA)
- Guides Mid-Level and Junior-Level software architects in the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of software solution architectures ensuring traceability to the Enterprise architecture and Enterprise requirements.
- Assists with the analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing software systems.
- Guides Mid-level and Junior-level software architects in the development of proposed changes to the software solutions architecture design based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist with high-level software design choices and technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ to 18 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, System Engineering, or a related STEM Degree Program, or equivalent Senior level experience as a Software Architect.
- Senior-level or higher experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Software Architecture and Design, or Data Architecture.
- Experience in more than one of the following areas: cloud computing, service orientation, containerization, micro-services, API development or DevSecOps.
- Experience building and delivering working products to customers in a modern, cloud-based software environment.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience.
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience.
- Experience with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) or Intelligence Community’s (IC) Program Architecture Guidance (PAG).