Requirements Engineer (Senior)
Requirements Engineers are Systems Engineers that apply a structured approach to design and implementation of systems and processes. They capture and translate mission and customer requirements in order to transform them into capabilities, testing, and validation of services. Requirements Engineers analyze and allocate requirements to systems architecture components and oversee the development, testing, and validation of systems and services. They also coordinate the integration of systems and services into enterprise architecture and oversee deployment. They are responsible to the program Chief Engineer and the engineering team to achieve desired outcomes for the customer.
Location: Chantilly, VA / Springfield, VA
- Decomposing and allocating strategic level requirements/needs from ECDs, SOCs, ICBDs, CDDs, and Agency CONOPS, as appropriate.
- Maintaining consistency with the Agency’s requirements process and CIO-T strategy while developing engineering artifacts, requirements documentation, and business cases.
- Implementing strategic plans and programs in coordination with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with NGA Integrated Program Offices, segments, matrixed technical offices, other NGA acquisition offices, and process stakeholders.
- Interfacing with the Agency Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) system.
- Developing and maintaining a Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RVTM) for the program to ensure all requirements are allocated and tested as needed.
- Developing, communicating, and participating in systems engineering projects or boards; applying in-depth knowledge to committees and working groups that plan, collaborate, and execute systems programs and initiatives.
- Ensuring management is informed of all issues, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Use the Joint Architecture Reference Models (JARM) to describe, analyze, and identify potential architectural service gaps, support AOA, leverage existing resources, and assist with invest and divest decisions for the program and the agency.
- Developing and maintaining program performance measures.
- Capture strategic Sensor Program requirements from associated Concept of Operations Documents.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ to 18 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.
- 12+ years of systems integration experience working in government or industry integrating large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture environments residing in cloud, on premise, or hybrid infrastructures.
- Senior-level or higher experience working in a Requirements Engineering discipline or a closely-related field that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the tasks associated with this work.
- Experience tracing program/project requirements to the source requirement such as the Joint Architecture Reference Models (JARM), and JARM Technical Service Types (TSTs) for duplication analysis and gap analysis.
- Ability to coordinate with users and stakeholders to develop Sensor program requirements for new and changing mission needs.
- Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices and associated testing strategies.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking tools.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Knowledge of the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the Intelligence Community.
- Familiarity with NGA’s Request for Change (RFC) process to validate and assign program requirements to NGA segments.
- Familiarity with agile development to include participation in scrums, development of solution epics, lean business cases, program epics, user stories, and features.
- Scrum master experience.
- Experience using DOORS Next Generation (DOORS NG) to manage requirements and interface with Enterprise Requirements Management.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, CONFLUENCE, and Tableau for tracking requirements, documentation, and backlog progress.