Network Systems Engineer (Expert)
Expert Network Engineers plan and develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. They analyze network alternatives and develop recommendations for improvements.
Location: NCE (Springfield, VA)
- Analyzes, designs, tests, and evaluates network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
- Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Oversees the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Network Systems Engineers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 18+ yrs experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert level work experience as a Network Systems Engineer.
- Expert-level working experience in cloud-based systems architecting.
- Network technology course/certification in TCP/IP with applied understanding of the following:
- Roles of devices in TCP/IP network
- Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP
- Functions of FTP, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP
- Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, email messaging and multicasting
- Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layer
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Network technology course/certification in one or more areas:
- Configuring TCP/IP on server computers
- Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
- Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure
- Configuring and managing device routing and remote access
- Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
- Completion of a specialized wireless network course and/or certification