Innovation Engineer (Mid-Level)
The contractor shall provide business process engineering; backlog management; assist with innovation prioritization; editorial support to the Office of Venture Innovation (OVI); and guidance on innovation strategic alignment across NGA. The contractor shall identify and assist NGA Pilots & Prototype customers in providing expertise to navigate through the OVI Innovation Pipeline. The contractor shall contribute toward management of all NGA Pilot & Prototypes to help formulate a cloud-based centralized repository for leadership visibility, fact-based decision making on future support or retirement, and influence process improvements. Assist in determining what is an “enterprise level” function based upon entrepreneurial project maturity and strategic alignment. The contractor shall act as a liaison with the NGA Integrated Program Offices (IPOs) and other capability sustainment homes for transition into operations. The contractor shall build and maintain appropriate database(s) for process improvements to support pilots and prototypes.
Location: NCE (Springfield, VA)
- Identify, build and maintain appropriate tracker database(s) in support of new innovation ideas, Pilots and Prototypes.
- Research, investigate and document Pilot & Prototype innovation roadblocks.
- Collaborate and leverage partnerships with IPO, KC, and Enterprise stakeholders to identify, define and capture specific mission focused problem areas and success criteria.
- Maintain oversight and management of Pilots & Prototypes across the Agency.
- Assist with establishing an enterprise-wide application retirement and disposition process for non-prioritized Pilots & Prototypes.
- Identify and document a PM’s Guide to P&P System Retirement Process. The guide is expected to serve as a foundational document for NGA-wide standardization.
- Ability to identify and communicate technical issues, possess excellent oral and written communication while interfacing with DoD clients and respective NGA Executive, Seniors, and Program Managers.
- Participate in the transition of applications to operations and decommissioning of applications across the infrastructure as they have reached the end of their life-cycle.
- Prepare and maintain project plans, project milestone reports, project status reports.
- Assist in managing project meetings, project artifacts, and deployment deliverables and facilitating problem triage calls.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ to 12 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years demonstrated experience and knowledge in geospatial intelligence functions, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Engineering or a field related to the duties defined above or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGA’s organizational hierarchy and business functions (i.e. NERF, IPOs, KCs, Mission Alignment, and governance).
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assessments of future NGA geospatial intelligence capabilities in a team environment to include being a Team Lead, Project Manager or Program Manager.
- Demonstrates Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGA’s Strategic Correspondence, Guiding Principles, and experience with the geospatial intelligence mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Start Up methodologies and working knowledge of the NGA SIP, GEA 4.0, SOCs, etc.
- Knowledge of the NGA Hybrid Cloud Strategy and environment.