Innovation Engineer (Expert)
The contractor shall provide business process engineering, innovation backlog management process, assist with innovation prioritization, editorial support to the Office of Venture Innovation, and guidance on innovation strategic alignment across NGA. The contractor shall create and execute an innovation management process that provides transparency for all innovation submissions in support of the NGA Venture Board (NVB). This will allow NGA entrepreneurs the opportunity to receive four weeks of dedicated Accelerator Training to perform problem curation, customer discovery, and receive coaching as they mature their ideas. This includes guidance towards other avenues of resources across the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC). The contractor shall also contribute toward management of all NGA Pilot & Prototypes to help formulate a cloudbased centralized repository for leadership visibility and fact-based decision making on future support or retirement. Assist in determining what is an “enterprise level” function based upon entrepreneurial project maturity and strategic alignment. This function will work closely with OVI’s core training team to develop an approach suitable to account for innovation maturity levels (i.e. IRLs, ARLs, and TRLs).
Location: NCE (Springfield, VA)
Duties may include:
- Streamline the Innovation process flow to include discovery and evaluation (NVB).
- Consultation in identifying, building and maintaining appropriate tracker database(s) in support of new innovation ideas, pilots and prototypes.
- Collaborate with IPO, KC, and Enterprise stakeholders to identify, define and capture specific mission focused problem areas and success criteria.
- Logistics, communications, and execution of the NVB.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 18+ yrs experience
- Master’s Degree or higher with knowledge in geospatial intelligence functions, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Engineering or a field related to the duties defined above or equivalent senior level work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGA’s organizational hierarchy and business functions (i.e. NERF, IPOs, KCs, Mission Alignment, and governance).
- Two to Five years’ experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using cloud-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Program Office or with product teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGA’s Strategic Correspondence and Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrated experience with the geospatial intelligence mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Start Up methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other innovation offices within NGA.