Functional Specialist/Advisor (Senior)
Provide expertise guidance, consultation, facilitation, and thought leadership to the client and/or project team based on specialized in-depth expertise in such fields as Strategic management, policy and administration; planning; analysis; training and development; facilities; communications; business; and management; budget planning, budget programming, budget evaluation (PPBE). Ensures that quality is an integral part of the development, design and manufacture of products or services. Monitors requirements through analysis and measurement activities; manages/leads quality assurance activities.
Location: NCE (Springfield, VA)
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into strategic systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to support the strategy management cycle.
- Assists the Government in performing systems strategy integration activities.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Operates at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces within a strategy management cycle across organizational and agency boundaries
- Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data reporting and metrics projects.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as Agency goals, vision, and CONOPS.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for operational restrictions to determine mission health.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ to 18 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Image Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or equivalent Senior level working experience in an engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing guidance and direction in programs.
- Demonstrated experience in guidance, consultation, facilitation, and thought leadership to the client and/or project team based on specialized in-depth expertise in such fields as:
- Engineering and technology
- Policy and administration
- Program management
- Training and development
- Visual design
- Human capital
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Master’s degree or higher in Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Image Science, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or other related degree program.
- Experience in engineering, design and analysis of IT or related systems experience in all phases of design, development, analysis and documentation, and development of standards and guidelines for tasks being performed.
- Experience working with DoD/IC Acquisition Process or PPBES.
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience.
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with:Project Management software (Project, Primavera), Financial tracking software, Customer relationship management CRM software, Enterprise resource planning ERP software.