Data Security Engineer (Senior)
The contractor develops and oversees the execution of long-term data security strategies to maximize systems, applications and infrastructure quality and efficiency. Provides technological, business and tactical guidance and leadership to the CDO/DCDO. Identifies opportunities for enhancing the Data security capabilities to support and achieve overall agency objectives. Assists the CDO with external industry boards or organizations.
Location: Chantilly, VA
- Identifies opportunities for enhancing the data security capabilities to support and achieve overall agency objectives.
- Identify improvements to processes and workflows, related to physical and logical data protection.
- Collaborate with Information Security, Network Security and compliance teams to validate that Data security design, processes and procedures align with broader agency policies, standards and requirements.
- Plan and execute the protection of information found on NGA networks, working with employees to make sure they are educated on security protocol.
- Participates in team discussions to understand and provide inputs to system security requirements.
- Assists in leading day-to-day delivery to ensure team meets or exceeds service level obligations to internal customers.
- Provide work investigating complex technical matters on a global scale spanning multiple disciplines such as storage technologies, network security, identity management, data destruction methodologies, and workflow integration.
- Collaborates within team to clarify work objectives, address and resolve issues, and generate creative solutions to challenges and opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
Required Skills & Experience:
- 12+ to 18 yrs experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent Senior level experience as a Data Security Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience in information security or related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing data security standards.
- Experience in application level, database, file system and full disk encryption.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Experience with Talend, Sqoop, AWS Glue or related data transformational tools.
- Experience in Hadoop.
- Experience in AWS (S3, RDS, CloudWatch, EC2, etc.).
- Experience in MPP databases (such as Aurora, Redshift, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum).
- Experience with Oracle.
- Experience with Symmetric Key Cipher and Asymmetric Cryptography.