Cyber Security Engineer (Expert)
Expert Cyber Security Engineers capture and refine information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
Location: Chantilly, VA / Patriot Ridge (Springfield, VA)
- Provide cybersecurity engineering support to development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Conduct product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Assists in leading the development of system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Work with Architecture teams in the development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
- Will advise programs on technical implementations and policy enhancements to achieve Zero Trust compliance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 18+ yrs experience
- Master’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert level experience as a Cyber Security Engineer.
- Expert working experience in government or industry leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise-based systems and software.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using Cloud Based Technology such as: Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), On-demand self-service, Broad network access, Resource pooling, Rapid elasticity, Measured Service, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification compliance.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Experience establishing a mature Zero Trust framework in one or more of the seven DoD ZT pillars: user, device, data, application/workload, network/environment, visibility and analytics, and automation and orchestration.